Tuesday, August 18, 2009

BEVERLEY NAMBOZO POETRY AWARD SHOW DOWN

Oh my goodness, it is here, the poetry award. You know I started it last year in December and after the submissions, i realized that it was actually getting bigger than me. So I got my judges together and they wound up with the winners. All the poems were judged anonymously and now it is time for the award giving ceremony.

It will be at Fang Fang Restaurant on Friday 21st and Hon Rebecca Kadaga the deputy speaker of Parliament has agreed to be guest of honour, how cool is that! Also, WordAlive Publishers and UHMG are main sponsors, i am excited about this. Can't wait for Friday.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Bev you are one of a kind, your energy inspires me, this is truly awesome!!

phionah said...

such a good thing. thanks. you really are brave,
we wish you could extend it to rural areas. we really need to recognise silent writers.
phionah
kisoro

Beverley Nambozo Nsengiyunva said...

Hi Phionah, this year 2010, I am organising the poetry award to reach schools. Amongst the outputs is for it to reach rural areas as well. Thanks for that.